I got finally my own splatting working. Here is the rendering while flying approx. 2000 meters high. I still need to generate the whole texturing of planets, but I’ve got definitively my 256 textures system working.
I always benchmark any of my functions and I was quite surprise of dynamic texture generation time, not what I expected. Either I didn’t understood clearly enough mode definitions, or there is some drivers issues!
Ogre::HardwarePixelBufferSharedPtr pixelBuffer = mDynTexture->getBuffer();
// pixelBuffer->lock( Ogre::HardwareBuffer::HBL_DISCARD ) ; // slow version
pixelBuffer->lock( Ogre::HardwareBuffer::HBL_NORMAL ) ; // Fast!